Jan 28 at 23:00 (Atlantic Time)
We are excited to be back for year 6 of our Hopewell Rocks Multi-terrain 9k. In the last 4 years we have had so many people visit Hopewell for the first time because of the race and they love the park. Our race is entirely within the park boundaries and will feature a variety of surfaces including asphalt, gravel trails, grass, beach and stairs. For 2020 we will take in the main beach section first before heading onto the trails and roads, this is so that we can have the race within the tide schedule. Don't worry though we will still have all the great features that our athletes have loved over the last few years.
1) There will be mud, how much depends on the tides, but expect to get very, very muddy.
2) Even if there is no mud still expect to get mucky as sections of the race are on a beach and the sand may be soft and wet.
3) Wear old sneakers - we don't want to get your new, shiny, race shoes all dirty, wet & mucky.
4) While on the beach and trails take care over wet rocks, slippy seaweed, soft sand and wet stairs. Please exercise caution.
5) The park is NOT closed to the public on race day so please be aware of vehicles and pedestrians on the course.
6) On the road section of the course please run on the left and do not cut corners as you are sharing the road with vehicles.
7) Please be courteous to other park users.
8) The start and finish points of the race are in different locations so you may have to walk or take the shuttle cart (for a fee) back to the parking lot.
9) On the beach sections the less muddy routes are those that hug the coastline.
Phone: 506 721 1553
* All prices in CAD $